Nature & Contemplative Studies
“We seek to not only minimize our ecological footprint, but to change our relationship with the Earth, our environment.”
The Nature Studies Conservatory’s Educational Institute was created to help facilitate the recovery of our planet and local-global communities. We provide community education and resources to improve quality of life and optimizing whole life health and wellbeing. Our focus is building restorative relationships with the environment (mind-body-heart/soul, family, partner/friends, home/workplace, local-global community, and Nature/the Earth).
Guided Weekend Immersions
Personal – contemplative, silent meditation with personal practice development to balance health concerns
Restorative – contemplative, silent meditation and healing modalities for holistic renewal
Visioning – inner inquiry, depthwork, and contemplative experientials to access new insights and clarify truth/purpose
Leadership Certificate Program: Immersion Field Studies & Applied Research
- Cultivate a deeper relationship with nature: land, water, air, plants, wildlife and more
- Explore land sovereignty and its impact on the sovereignty of people and other life forms on the planet as well as level of engagement in sustainability, conservancy, and preservation practices.
- Participate in applied research that also draws from ancestral or family relationships with nature and the land (i.e., topophilia) to advance awareness and practical applications.
- Develop innovative green strategies using individual and community-based methods of inquiry.
- Engage in social, economic, and environmental stewardship.
- Maximize personal and community resources via entrepreneurship, the arts, science, and technology.
Our comprehensive approach addresses the multi-layered issues that not only affect the planet’s ecosystems and resources; but, also health, wellbeing, and our quality of life. The connection between social-economic structure and relationship development has far reaching implications in co-creating a sustainable culture that is harmonized with the environment.